giddyupgirl & giddyup Australia designs on-trend, practical and affordable garments to make you feel and look your best in and outside of the arena. Designed by Australians for Australians
Why are there two different names, giddyup and giddyupgirl? Well we wanted to show that ladies clothing is going to be very different to girls clothing. So we branded the girls gear as giddyupgirl and the ladies gear for girls over 16 as giddyup. Both labels are totally dedicated to providing girls who love horses, real fashion alternatives to traditional and conservative equestrian wear.
We create things like girls and ladies jodhpurs, ladies breeches, girls show shirts, girls show jackets, ladies show jackets, casual jackets, riding shirts, riding vests, polo shirts, hats and lots of other gear too.
giddyupgirl is the inspiration of mother of three, Tammy, who has a long history with fashion design and modeling.
While watching her (then) 13-year old horse-crazy daughter at Horse Training Camp, Tammy realised there wasn't an edgy fashion label dedicated to young girls and teens with a passion for horses - most girls were wearing surf and street brands! After the class, Tammy chatted to the horse-loving girls about the idea of a funky fashion label especially for them. Receiving a passionate reaction to the concept, Tammy started researching her idea that very afternoon.
With over 15 years as an international model (including being TV Hostess on the game show Say G'Day with Greg Evans) and working in the fashion wholesale and retail markets including Esprit and Lisa Ho, Tammy quickly developed her launch range of premium products and hit the market in May 2004. Initially distributed via the www.giddyupgirl.com.au web site and a small selection of stores, many of giddyupgirl product lines were sold out in weeks. Tammy realized she had a winning idea.
The label is different as it has real horsey integrity without compromising fashion, fun and comfort. Is that the sort of thing you identify with too?
The giddupgirl.com web site is a hive of activity and we update it regularly with new products, ideas and news. The feedback link runs hot with comments like:-
- "Can you believe we bought your products all the way from the USA! We live in San Mateo California and my daughter came across your site while surfing the web. WOW are we ever glad she did, we LOVE your gear and have told all our friends about it. Thank you for a fun and quality range of riding gear!!" Sandy CA USA
- "I have been buying GUG for 9 years now and still love and wear every piece. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE GUG. Trace Biggs Armidale - NSW
- "Since she was a little girl my daughter Emma has wanted to wear the giddyup girl brand. Now Emma is 15 and she is still wearing your brand proudly. Thank you for bringing us such quality products with such a fun feel. Let's hope Emma can still be wearing giddyup girl for many years to come. Thanks" - Kay - WA
- "We just received our amazing vanilla cream jods for Hanna and they are PERFECT! Best quality jods and colour we have ever owned! We now want some other colours. Thanks for your excellent service, we will be back!"
- "I just can not say how much I love giddyupgirl. Once I see it I'm stuck to it I love it. IT RRRRRRRRULES LOVE GEORGIA" - Sunshine Coast
- "I think that Giddyupgirl is the best clothes on earth. I've always wanted to have horsey type clothes. They are really comfy and great value. Horsey Rulez. Gotta Gallop Lauren" - NSW North Coast
- "You guys have a fab range of funky clothing. they are really cool! =)=)=)=) i have a horse called phoenix and she is very cheeky! you should think about making giddyupgirl horse wear! love emma and phoenix" - Melbourne
- "Hey pony pals luv the site & the great clothes!!!! it is really funky without being 2 girly! cant wait 2 c more of your gear! luv Claire" - Location not given
- "I LOVE your clothing! Its so kool. You could maybe have some Giddyupgirl jodies or some trakkies for sale to. Awesome site and clothing though! I love my luckygirl hat!" - Wellington NZ
- "Your website is great, i love your products, photos, competitions, EVERYTHING! Keep on improving your site and you'll reach the top! (but your already at the top of the top for me being one of my favourite four websites) So keep on going, keep on making more products too make your site better than it already is (if you can make it any better cause it\'s practically as good as you can get!)" - Rouse Hill NSW
- "love the sight i can wear horsey clothes with out people laughfin at me because there's a saddle club symbol" - WA
- "The site looks brilliant and I love your products! It's about time that someone designed cool, fun horsey gear! :)" - Terrigal NSW
So, if you love horses and are proud of it, giddyupgirl is the label just for you! : )